Rates & Policies:
Enjoy a relaxing and fun week with us on your own private island retreat.
RATES: $1,595 US WEEK LONG
ACCOMMODATION PACKAGE FOR 2019/2020 TRIPS
Includes the following, per person:
- 7 nights in a private oceanfront cabana, double occupancy per room (single occupancy has a $500 Supplement fee, that is additional)
- All your meals, coffee, tea, juice and water (cold beer, soda, rum and wine can be purchased on site).
- Dietary Restrictions: There are some dietary needs we may not be able to accommodate due to our remote location, please inquire in advance.
- Free use of sit on top kayaks and stand up paddle boards.
- Over 800 patch reefs inside the lagoon that can be easily reached for snorkeling or fishing on your own, at any time.
- Excellent fishing can be done right from our dock or beach, with a school of over 500 Bone Fish waiting to be caught, including Permit, Grouper, Jacks, Snapper and many others
- Usage of of sun chaises, Adirondack chairs, hammocks, and swing beds scattered around the resort and Yoga Luna deck. Yoga mats provided.
- Access to nature trail that circumnavigates the island. Guide pamphlet provided.
- Saturday scheduled boat transfer from Dangriga (departing at 11:00 am) to our island and a return on the following Saturday (drop off time back in Dangriga by 9:30 am).
- Transportation to and from the Dangriga Airport and boat marina on Saturday is provided, at above stated times.
- Free assistance with making local flight, hotel or transportation reservations and or arrangements. Just let us know how we can help.
- Free limited wifi available during daylight hours
- Two free guided snorkel trips, one on your arrival day and another on Friday afternoon.
- 9% Hotel Tax, $30 Marine Park Fees
What is additional and available to add onto your Packages, and not included:
- 12.5% GST Tax
- Dive Prices for Certified Divers, (per person):
- 12 Dive Package $550 US per person
- Dives 1-6, $50 US per dive
- Dives 7-12, $45 US per dive
- Dives 13 or more, $40 US per dive
- Night Dive $55 US (+light rental $8 US, light rental only for diving)
12.5% GST Tax is additional, dive gear rental is additional. Prices are per person, packages cannot be shared. More info available on Activities Page.
- PADI Dive Courses: Options, details and prices are listed on our Activities Page or inquire and I can send you specifics. A signed PADI Medical form is required, to receive this, send us an email. Dive gear is included as part of any dive course. More info available on Activities Page.
- Snorkel Excursions with boat and guide: offered once a day, cost is $45 US per trip, per person. These can be added, scheduled and paid for when you are here on the island. If our schedule allows and guests are interested, we may offer more than one snorkel trip in a day. More info available on Activities Page.
- Dive Gear Rental, Snorkel Gear Rental: BCD/Reg Set $10 US for one dive in a single day, $15 US for 2 dives in a day. Wetsuit $8 US per use or $50 US per week. Mask/Fins/Snorkel Set $9 US per day. Dive lights $8 US per use. We do not have underwater cameras, booties or dive computers for rent. Tax is additional. Dive gear is all ScubaPro and new within the last two years. Wetsuits are mostly ScubaPro or Akona brand, 3mm full suits.
- Fishing Gear: We do not have fishing poles, or gear for rent or use. If you wish for recommendations on what to bring with you such as lures, flies or other fishing gear, we are happy to help. However, we can supply you with a old soda bottle, line and hook if you wish to try hand line fishing off the dock as the locals do.
- $25 Sport Fishing License: If you choose to catch and release fish while here, you can purchase a license when you are on the island. The Fisheries Rangers come by on Fridays to collect.
- Beer, Soda, Rum or Wine: Cold local beers, rum, Chilean wine, and soda, are available to purchase on the island. We have an ice cooler for keeping drinks cold. Diet sodas, decaf coffee, soy or almond milk are not available. If you have a specific liquor you like, the duty free shop at the International Airport has excellent prices on import beverages.
- Gift Shop Purchases: We have a great gift shop on site that has locally made items, and a few basic necessities including T-Shirts, hats, sarongs, sun dresses, trinkets, local handmade jewelry, sunscreen etc.
- Gratuities: Typically 10-15% of the Accommodation and Activities prices combined. Please bring cash for this. We do not accept credit card charges for gratuities, nor personal checks.
Customized family vacation packages, honeymoon vacation packages and group vacation packages can be arranged with advance reservations. Group discounts are available for parties of 6 or more, certain weeks excluded, contact us for details. Rates are subject to change. Taxes are subject to change.
BOOKING AND PAYMENT:
To book a week long vacation in your own ocean front cabana, and guarantee a space, a deposit of $500 USD per person, needs to be paid to reserve your holiday week with us. The balance of your Accommodation Package payment needs to be paid 60 days prior to your arrival date to our island. We accept Visa and MasterCard payments for your deposit. and balance payment on your Accommodation Packages. We accept cash, Visa or MasterCard payments for additional on island expenses. For more information about booking your trip and making a payment, please contact us via email or phone or on the Contact US/Book Now link.
Additional Scuba Diving, PADI dive certification courses, snorkel trips, rental gear, beverages, gift shop purchases and gratuities are not part of our Accommodation Package prices and can be added onto your package, and paid for when you are on the island.
You will need additional funds for any emergencies that may arise and for additional items not included in your island Accommodation Vacation Package. These items may include hotel, meals, transportation and airport taxes on the mainland for before and after your week long stay with us.
Please know that if by circumstances you miss the scheduled boat to the island, your trip is delayed, you may be responsible for providing your own transportation, including the cost of chartering a private boat out to the island.The cost of chartering a boat can cost $350 US cash, to charter a small boat, or $650 US to charter a larger boat, if seas are rough, to our island. There is no regular boat taxi service or flights to our island. For emergency funds and for the above mentioned expenses, consider carrying upwards of $750 US cash to cover these expenses. It is best to not rely on credit cards or travelers checks for any expenses on the mainland, as many places do not accept them.
Other expenses such as activities that you add on to your Accommodation Vacation Package such as Scuba Diving, PADI Scuba Certification Courses, guided Snorkeling Excursions, rental gear, gift shop purchases, beverages, and gratuities, can be paid for once you are here on the island.. Please pay gratuities in cash payment.
In case of trip cancellation, 60 days prior notification from your scheduled trip date is required, to receive a refund of 50%. We recommend all guests purchase Trip Insurance that covers Trip Cancellation.
LATE ARRIVAL OR DEPARTURE:
If you are delayed and do not catch the scheduled boat, and need a small boat charter to bring out to our private island at Glover’s Reef Atoll, from Dangriga, or to go in early, this can cost you as much as $650 US, one way or for a larger boat charter (required for rough weather.) If you are delayed for any reason, we highly recommend all our guests get trip insurance, to help cover your loss in costs, in the event that this occurs. We do not provide refunds for lost days, lost nights or lost travel time due to weather conditions, acts of nature or any other reason. We would be happy to assist you with making a trip insurance claim, if you would like.
SAFETY AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK:
Any conditions out of our control, (such as weather, delayed flights, extra flights, or buses, or lost luggage, or catching up with a trip in progress, evacuation) which delay your arrival or departure and cause any variation from our scheduled itinerary, will be at your own expense.
We maintain an excellent safety record. However, all outdoor experiences involve risk and we must recognize that accidents, bad weather or illness may occur. We cannot guarantee your safety. You are responsible for your own actions and safety. There is a small risk involved in all activities on our trips. Before you are accepted on a trip, you must sign a Waiver of Liability that is sent to you after we receive your deposit. If you have questions about this document or would like to see one ahead of time, please feel free to request it. Off The Wall Dive Center and Resort and Long Caye Management do not assume responsibility for your personal belongings, injuries to you or members of your party, or for time and expense incurred.
Please make sure you have adequate trip insurance coverage before making your trip. This insurance should cover trip cancellation, trip delay, lost luggage, baggage delay, medical coverage and medical evacuation for all activities and travel. For more information, please click on the PADI or DAN link on our website for travel insurance packages.