(Click on an Activity below, or scroll down on the page)
While spending a wonderful week with us on our private island, you may decide to enjoy many activities such as Diving, a PADI Scuba Diving Course, a Snorkel Excursion, or Fishing. These individual activities or Activity Packages can be added on to your Accommodation Package, and paid for during your stay on our island.
Imagine a Caribbean island vacation where you are slipping into the deep, crystal clear, aquamarine water, bubbles gently tickling your face, as you slowly descend along a 3000-foot coral wall, millions of years old. The first to welcome you to the ocean is a Short-nose Bat fish waiting at the bottom of the mooring line. As you scuba dive towards the enormous coral formations that make up the famous Long Caye Wall, one of Jacques Cousteau's favorite dives, you see plenty of nooks and crannies loaded with Spiny Lobsters and Arrow Crabs. A highway of Creole Wrasse files by you as numerous Parrot Fish munch on coral close by. An enormous Spotted Eagle Ray soars past, silhouetted by the dark blue of the abyss beyond. While nearby, a Hawksbill Turtle snacks on a Barrel Sponge. In additional to our several world famous dive sites at Glover's, we have miles and miles of undiscovered walls, pristine conditions, with incredible visibility averaging over 100 feet, warm water around 82-85 degrees, abundant sea-life and no crowds. At Off The Wall Dive Center, a PADI International 5 Star Gold Palm Dive Center and Resort, we take pride in providing a safe and fun experience. We adhere to all of PADI's Diving Standards and Procedures and have an excellent safety record.
Details about Diving
- Option of adding on a Dive Package or individual dives to your Week Long Accommodation Package
- All dives are done from a boat, no shore diving is allowed
- Average boat ride to dive site is 2 to 10 minutes
- Average length of dive is 35-50 minutes in bottom time
- Average dive group is 2 to 8 guests
- A licensed tour guide and Dive Master escorts all certified divers on each dive
- All dives include tank, air, weights and weight belts
- Night dives available, weather permitting
- ScubaPro BCDs and Regulators are available to rent while diving with us
- Wetsuits and dive lights are available to rent while diving with us
- Masks, Fins & snorkels available to rent
- All divers must bring scuba certification cards.
- No certified diver will be allowed to dive without their card.
Dive Prices for Certified Divers, (per person):
- Dives 1-6, $50 US per dive
- Dives 6-12, $45 US per dive
- Dives 13 or more, $40 US per dive
- Night Dive $55 US (+light rental $8 US, light rental only for diving)
Diving can be paid for during your stay with us. Dive Equipment is not included in dive prices. Tanks, weight and air is included. We accept Visa, MasterCard, and Cash payment. 12.5% GST Tax is additional and not included in our prices. Gratuities are not included in prices and are greatly appreciated.
PADI eLearning Open Water – 4 day certification course, complete book work and home study online with PADI through Link, shown below, prior to your holiday. Then complete water work while here on the island with us. 5 confined water dives, 4 open water dives, dive equipment, lifetime certification, PIC card included for $450 US (required to register with our PADI dive store #20491). Price does not include online portion of course.
Click on Link Here for eLearning Course
PADI Bubble Maker 1/2 Day Introductory Course to Scuba Diving for kids ages 8 and 9 years old. Includes confined water session, gear and shallow water dive with a max depth of 6 feet. $130 US, per child.
PADI Discover Scuba Diving/Resort Dive Course – 1/2 day introduction to Scuba Diving, includes confined water session, dive & dive equipment for $130 US. This is an Experience Course that allows one to try diving without having to take a Full Certification Course. Additional dives are available after completion of this course, provided you are accompanied by an instructor, at $85 per additional dive, plus 12.5% GST Tax. This cost includes dive gear and these dives do not count towards a certification course. For those wishing to continue on to get a scuba certification after completion of this course, you can continue on with the PADI Scuba Diver or Full Open Water Certification Courses during your stay. Course options are listed below.
PADI Open Water Referral Certification Course – 2 days, 4 open water dives, full lifetime certification, dive equipment and PIC card for $340 US. Referral must bring all necessary paperwork with them, signed by their previous instructor.
PADI Scuba Diver Certification Course – 2 ½ days, 2 open water dives, resort certification with depth limit of 40 feet and Dive Masters presence required lifetime certification. Dive equipment, manual and PIC card included for $375 US
PADI Full Open Water Certification Course – 4 days, 5 confined water dives, 4 open water dives, dive equipment, lifetime certification, manual and PIC card included for $460 US
PADI Adventure Diver Certification Course
– 1 ½ days, 3 elective dives, dive equipment, manual and PIC card for $275 US
PADI Advanced Diver Certification Course – 2+ days, 5 dives, (3 elective, 2 core), dive equipment, manual and PIC card for $400 US
PADI Specialty, Rescue and Dive Master Courses – available upon request
All dive instruction or dives with an instructor, are not part of our dive package prices.
Medical Concerns and Diving:
There are certain medical concerns for diving activities for people who have had or who currently have asthma, diabetes, heart problems, ear injuries, lung injuries, to name just a few. If you are interested in participating in any dive course, including Discover Scuba, we require you to fill out a PADI MEDICAL FORM prior to your arrival. If you have any medical concerns, this medical form must be signed by a physician prior to your arrival. If you are a certified diver, and yo have had medical issues since you originally got certified, we request you bring a signed PADI medical form with you. If you have any questions or need a copy of these forms emailed to you, please contact us, prior to your trip or download the form here: https://www.padi.com/downloads.
Dive Courses can be paid for during your stay with us. We accept Visa, MasterCard, and Cash payment. 12.5% GST Tax is additional and not included in our prices.
Inside Glover's Reef Atoll, the snorkeling is considered some of the best in the Caribbean. Take your pick of over 700 patch reefs to explore. Every patch reef will amaze and inspire you with its color and abundance. The reef is plentiful with Brittle Stars encrusting Tube Sponges, and spotted Flamingo Tongues resting on purple Sea Fans. Schools of curious Snappers eye you from behind Brain Coral and rainbow colored Angelfish swim by as a Nurse Shark sleeps under a ledge. Each patch reef is an aquarium in itself.
Details about Snorkeling:
- Private daily guided snorkel excursions by boat can be purchased in addition to your Week Long Accommodation Package.
- Snorkel Excursions by boat are about an hour length in time.
- Snorkeling off the beach, dock or sandbar available anytime
- Night snorkeling off the beach available
- Wetsuits, underwater lights, masks, fins and snorkels available to rent
- Snorkel Excursions $45 US each
- We accept Visa, MasterCard, and Cash payment.
- 12.5% GST Tax is additional and not included in our prices.
Bone fish, Tarpon, Permit, OH MY! What more could you ask for as an avid fly-fisherman? Hundreds of Bone fish live in the flats just a few feet off our beach. And if you want to fish with a reel or hand-line as the locals do, there is plenty of Barracuda, Snapper, Grunt, King fish and so much more just waiting for the avid angler right off our dock, beach or from one of our kayaks or stand up paddle boards.
Details about Fishing:
- Fly-fishing, Cast fishing, or Hand line fishing
- Catch and release fishing from shore or dock available anytime, without a guide
- Fishing licenses available for $25 per person, per week, paid to Fisheries Department
- Fishing gear is not provided, inquire about suggestions on what to bring with you
Enjoy the free usage of our numerous double and single sit on top kayaks to paddle the lagoon, around the nearby islands or to fabulous snorkel sites. Each kayak has a place for storing your snorkel gear, fishing gear, camera or water bottle, so you can easily drop into the water and anchor your boat and explore the reef at your leisure. We also have a Versa Board, which is a hybrid kayak/stand up paddle board, and is excellent for fly fishing.
Details about Kayaking:
- Life jackets provided
- Paddles provided
- Ocean Kayaks, and Versa Board Hybrid Kayak/Stand Up Paddle Board
We have several Stand Up Paddle boards for your enjoyment in the calm waters of the lagoon. Enjoy a birds eye view of the reef and sea life as you paddle around the turquoise blue, warm waters. It is common to paddle over rays, Nurse Sharks, parrot fish and more. Whether you are a novice or experienced Stand Up Paddler, you will find this popular sport to be addictive and a fun way to get around the reef
Details about Stand Up Paddle Boarding:
- Life jackets provided
- Paddles provided
- Surftech 12'2"", Laird Hamilton 11'6", and Versa Board Stand up Paddle Board/Kayak Hybrid
There are many other activities to do additionally while enjoying the island. From many birds and local wild life present on our tropical island such as crabs, iguanas, tropical plants, trees and flowers, all are fun to learn about and watch. We also have an extensive library, and often share stories of island history, local lore, stories of storms, pirates and tales of island life. Certain times of the year, we have an abundance of Bio-luminescence and "String of Pearls" which light up the lagoon with twinkling lights of crustaceans communicating to their mates. With very little light pollution, we commonly have skies filled with so many stars you can see their reflection on the water. Full moons, often light up the palm trees and reef, creating shadows as bright as the sun.
- Bird Watching (over 100 species has been recorded)
- Low Tide Walks
- Nature Trail that circumnavigates the island (informative pamphlet provided)
- Beach Combing
- Hammock Time
- Sunrise, Sunset, Moonrise and Moonset watching
- Star Gazing
- Hermit Crab Races
- Yoga/Luna Deck (yoga mats provided in each room)