Come spend a week with us, Jim and Kendra Schofield, on our remote, secluded, environmentally friendly, and privately owned island paradise. We provide personalized service and cater to individuals and small groups, whether you are interested in an adventurous tropical island vacation, a family vacation, a honeymoon or romantic getaway. We are a PADI 5 Star Gold Palm International Resort and Dive Center and offer week long Accommodation Packages as well as scuba diving for certified divers, with a licensed local tour guide and Dive Master, PADI dive certification courses, snorkeling, kayaking, stand-up-paddle boarding and fishing. And, for those who prefer, they can spend their time walking barefoot on the pearly white sand beaches, searching for shells, or cooling off in the warm waters of the lagoon. Whatever activities you choose, you will have a vacation of a lifetime in our little corner of paradise, far away from it all.
Jim and I met about 17 years ago, right here on Long Caye. He retired from his dental practice in Tucson and had come to this island while on a walkabout, searching for a new beginning. I was a Realtor from Portland also looking for a different direction in life. We bumped into each other on this island and fell in love with each other and with this little corner of paradise. We decided to make it our home and wanted a way to support a simple island lifestyle, so we started up this business. We started out in a tent, and over 17 years, slowly built up the resort to what it is today.
Our Eco–friendly resort is charmingly rustic with manicured grounds of tropical foliage and meandering white sand paths lined with conch shells, and candlelight at night, leading you to your private beach front cabana. Our cabanas are welcoming, comfortable and clean, furnished and decorated with local art, oil and candle lanterns and solar powered lights. Each beach cabin has an inviting veranda with an ocean view and a hammock, great for enjoying the cool ocean breeze, reading a book or watching the sunset or moonrise.
Due to our remote location, and necessity to keep things simple, we have built our facility up to be gentle on the environment.
- Solar and Wind Turbine power generation (If you wish to learn more or have a tour of our power system, we would be happy to show you)
- Composting toilet is a state of the art design where we turn human waste into fertilizer
- Lighting; LED, coconut lights, Luci lights, garden and solar powered motion lights, all are 12 volt
- Rainwater collection and conservation
- Laundry; towels and linen re-use program to conserve on water, power usage and chemical consumption
- Showers are outdoor rainwater showers, with the water heated by the sun
- Food compost and seaweed/garden compost are turned into fertilizer
- Recycling of glass and metal (all beer, soda, rum and Crystal water bottles are recyclable in Belize)
Thank you for helping us to protect our environment. We welcome your ideas, feedback and suggestions. If you have any questions, wish for more detailed information, about our Eco Green Practices, please inquire.
Together we can make a difference!